Tuesday, January 5, 2010

MTC complaints? immediate response ...call 9445030516, 9383337639


Nice experience in MTC bus


,

Sometime back I was working in MEPZ facility, Chennai. I usually travel by Metropolitan Transport Corporation(MTC) bus, from my home to office. The stopping near MEPZ facility is called Sanatorium or MEPZ bus stop. MTC bus coming from Broadway/Parrys (or thro Mount road) mostly wont stop in MEPZ stop in early days. So I usually get down in the Chrompet stop(stop before MEPZ) and again catch another bus to MEPZ. After some time they have started stopping in MEPZ stop also.

One day I got up a bus(E18) in Teynampet stop and asked the conductor to give a ticket for MEPZ stop. He said, the bus wont stop there. I was arguging with him that I am going daily with the same bus and get down in the MEPZ stop. But he was keep on saying the same thing.. and then he said, I can request the driver to stop the bus. I dont wanted to do, irritated with conductor response. Suddenly I remembered a complaint phone no.(9445030516) I read in one bus sometime back. I called that no. and said about the incident that conductor is not stopping in the usual stop.

The MTC representative (person at the other end) asked me to give the phone to the conductor. The conductor was not interested to talking with his official. The MTC rep. asked me the bus registration no. and MTC registration no. He enquired where is the bus at that time and I said it is in Saidapet. The MTC rep. said he will come in the line and talk to them. I was curious how he will come and catch the bus.

After few mins. the wireless transmeter(to track the bus), near the driver in the bus started shouting… Driver stop the bus. Driver stop the bus in the left side of the road. Driver was not sure what is happening may be his first experience, for others(including me) it is the real first experience. The driver stopped the bus and started listening to the transmeter. The MTC rep. enquired why the bus is not stopping in MEPZ stop. The driver said he stops in MEPZ stop and in the previous trip also he has done. The rep. asked him then why the conductor is saying like that. He asked the conductor what is the issue. The conductor was speechless. The driver somehow managed the situation and supported the conductor by saying that the conductor was new to this route. The driver asked excuse for the incident and said he will stop in the MEPZ stop.

The MTC rep. said he wanted to talk the passenger who called him. I went near the transmeter and spoke to the MTC rep. He said sorry for the incident happened and asked sorry on behalf of MTC. Everyone in the bus were surprised of things happening. I came back to my seat. The person next to me asked what is the no. and whom I called. He also took the no. The bus stopped in MEPZ stop then. After getting down I called the MTC rep. and said the bus stopped in the stopping.

It was a nice experience for me and others who travelled in the bus, including driver and conductor. Yes, nowadays good things are happening in goverment sector also and technology is used properly.

Complaint Phone no. for MTC bus: 9445030516, 9383337639

Visit www.mtcbus.org for enquiry, information and complaint

0 comments:

Post a Comment